Sunday, 3 February 2013

January update

I've been lazy. I've been stressed. I've also been uninspired and unmotivated. Not just on the blog but at home in general. 

A lot has happened since my last post. I've had interviews and have been offered a job(!) here in Paris, working for a tour company run by Americans. I can't say how happy I am to not have the added pressure of returning to full-time work and having to stumble by with my less-than-stellar French. Most staff and customers are from English-speaking backgrounds and I'll get to do my job in my own language. Very happy about that!


The Frenchman and I celebrated out fourth anniversary in Copenhagen. My first impression of the city was less than impressed but it sure grew on me. By the time we left, after five days, I'd fallen in love. Those Danes sure know how to live (and eat!). The Little Sausage spent the week with her grandparents, getting spoilt and running them in circles around their much bigger house. On our return to Paris, we were greeting by a city under a lot of snow. 


The Little Sausage has expanded her mixed-language vocabulary and now says: "acco" (encore: again/more); "Mamma"; "Gagga" (Pappa); "Bravo" (hooray);"Assis" (sit down) and "Coucou" (Hello). She's also becoming more and more cheeky by the day and waving and blowing kisses. 

So that's the latest news. I hope to update more frequently and get back on the proverbial horse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment