Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Yoghurt and chestnut cream / Yaourt à la crème de marron



My newest favourite thing to have as dessert (either after lunch or dinner) is vanilla yoghurt with chestnut cream. I won't claim that I make either from scratch myself, but you could if you wanted to. Likewise, if you're a yoghurt-for-breakfast kind of person then go for it.

I use Activia probiotic vanilla yoghurt in single-serving tubs (since large family-sized tubs of vanilla yoghurt don't exist here in France) and crème de marrons from Bonne Maman. If not available where you are, you might be able to get tins of chestnut cream in specialty world foods section in your supermarket. Otherwise, it's not a stretch to make your own.

It's as simple as this:

Spoon in a generous blob of chestnut cream into a dish of your choice (not too much, it can be a bit sickly in large quantities) and top with plain (natural) or vanilla yoghurt. Done.

To eat: you can either mix, swirl or dig, as your tastes will guide you. I, myself, am a bit of a mixer-swirler but to each-their-own.


No comments:

Post a Comment