Wednesday, 9 May 2012

What's been happening lately, cold steak @ The Old Bank, and relocation update


We celebrated the Frenchman's birthday with a nice breakfast at Recipease, a tour of the Brighton Pavilion (happily half price for Brighton/Hove residents) and sadly, a disappointing dinner at a recommended steak and ribs restaurant called 'The Old Bank' over in Kemp Town. 

Faffing about with moving us to another table after realising we were squished trying to fit a high chair alongside our table (which we did pre warn them about when reserving our table), we were then put into a corner and forgotten for most of the night. At one point our waiter saw us from across the room almost by accident and jumped a little when realising that we'd been sitting with empty entree plates for about half an hour. However, no apologies or acknowledgement. Our main meal then arrived a while later, luke warm and bland. How can a steak be bland? I don't know. Even the Frenchman's ribs were cold and bland. I lose all respect when restaurants still have shakers of that horrible dusty-preground-into-sawdust pepper. Doesn't take much to have a pepper grinder, it is a steak restaurant after all. 

On to more positive news, we got a step closer in our plans to relocate and should have a final confirmation this week! Packing has tentatively commenced and real estate ads have been consulted.

I got into the Masters program I briefly mentioned a little while back here. I'm super excited and after finishing, it should have a dramatic impact on future career options. Unfortunately it will be spread over two years (only two units per semester, not by choice, studied online). But that will give me the opportunity to find some part-time work, maintain our household better, and get a little spare time (if we can manage to get the baby into childcare at some point).

We're also off on a quick trip at the end of the week to France for my sister-in-law's birthday. This is the first unplanned trip we've had (as most birthdays go by with minimal involvement) and I've almost forgotten that we're leaving in four days. 

The Little Sausage is now on her tummy, flipping over and able to stand on her feet with help. I can't wait for her to be a bit more independent but I'm assured I should be careful what I wish for, as when they start crawling I'll apparently wish she never started. We'll see!

So that's the scoop for this week. More news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment