Tuesday, 20 December 2011

A New Direction


I want to take this blog in a new direction. I've recently found and devoured a bunch of new blogs and the thing I like most from all of them is the honest, everyday life depicted in each post.

It doesn't matter that nothing "interesting" happens to them. They just post anyway. To them, sharing photos and descriptions of their everyday lives and the cities they live in is inspiration enough to blog about. I am very inspired by reading about their daily lives (and honoured to be invited to do so by them making their blogs public). It is escapism at its best!

With this blog, I only write when something major happens and this is mostly centred around baking. I want this blog to become more of a general account of the life of my family and where we happen to be living at the time, and not just centred around food. I feel that I have some interesting stories to share. If not just for my extended family members and friends who read this blog to stay in touch.

I want to talk about life as an expat, my family life, the stuff I bake/make/find, and more. A sort of visual diary, if you will.

I hope no one will object. In fact, I think this blog will become the better for it.

So in the next few days and weeks, I will introduce myself, the Frenchman, and the Little Sausage, as well as give you a glimpse into our everyday lives here in Brighton. It may bore some of you, but this blog is mine and I can write what I want (*sullen teenage voice intended*). And I hope some of you will be happy to come along!


No comments:

Post a Comment